Posted: January 22, 2024
Commercial Propane Safety Tips For Your Business
How to keep your employees safe
As a business owner, there are a lot of moving pieces to constantly juggle and think about. There are the day-to-day logistics of your business. There are the finances. And, of course, there is the question of how to keep everyone at your company safe.
Keeping your business safe while using propane
The use of propane within commercial industries is becoming more and more popular so if you are a business owner there is a chance that you use propane in one way or another.
While propane is considered to be one of the safest energy sources currently available on the market, there are certain tips that business owners should be aware of that will help ensure everyone stays safe and out of harm’s way.
Propane is naturally odorless. However, an odorant is added to it so that people are easily able to detect a propane leak. This odorant smells like rotten egg.
If you smell and suspect a propane leak at your commercial space, following the below suggestions can protect both you and your business:
- Everyone should evacuate the area where the potential leak is.
- Put out any sources of ignition, such as open flames, lit cigarettes or cigars.
- Don’t flip any electric switches and don’t use your cell phone until you are a safe distance away from the potential leak.
- If it’s safe to do so, turn off the gas shutoff valve on your propane tank.
- Walk until you are a safe distance away from where you smelled gas and when you get there contact Symank Energy or make an emergency call.
- Even if you no longer smell gas, stay away from the area where there is a potential leak. Do not return to the site where there is potentially danger.
- Wait until professional technicians or emergency personnel are done inspecting the source of the leak and all the propane appliances on site and have given you the okay to return to the area. You should only return to the area once given the approval to do so.
The benefits of propane for your business
Propane is safe, which is a great reason for businesses to use it. However, there are additional benefits as well:
- Propane offers top-notch efficiency: To put it simply, propane appliances are more efficient than their electric counterparts. For example, heating systems that are powered by propane are capable of up to 98% efficiency. This means that water heaters, cooking ranges and laundry dryers can get their jobs completed in less time than they would if they were using electricity.
- Propane helps you save money: Thanks to the top-notch efficiency mentioned above, propane helps business owners spend less money on their energy bills.
- You can operate in a blackout: Since propane appliances don’t rely on electricity or power grids they will still operate and function even when the power’s out. This helps business owners keep their operations up and running.
Commercial propane from Symank Energy
If your Texas commercial business is looking for propane, contact Symank Energy. We can get you the cost-effective propane you need so that your business can run as efficiently and cleanly as possible.
Become a Symank Energy customer today!