Posted: December 4, 2023
Caring For Your Propane Tank In the Winter
Some helpful suggestions for the colder months
Although a lot of people may feel like doing nothing except hibernating throughout the winter, that may not always be an option seeing as how much there is to get done. Sometimes you have to shovel snow or de-ice your vehicle. And if you are a propane customer you definitely have to take care of your propane tank.
Propane Tank Maintenance Tips
While it’s possible that you may use less propane during the winter than you do the summer that doesn’t mean that you can start neglecting your propane tank, especially if you use it to heat your home.
So what does caring for your propane tank throughout the winter look like?
Here are a few tips on how to winterize and care for your propane tank in the winter:
- Protect it from snow and ice: Don’t let snow and ice accumulate onto your propane tank. It’s best to clear any snow and ice from your propane tank and all its parts as soon as you can. This helps avoid potential gas leaks.
- Know where your tank is at all times: This is normally pretty easy to do when the skies are clear and the sun is shining, But in the event of a large snowstorm, you never want to question exactly where your propane tank is. Placing a pole, flag or stick in your lawn next to their propane tank and using it as a landmark helps you and any technicians know exactly where your propane tank is even if it becomes covered in snow.
- Clear a path leading up to the tank: You want to make sure that there is always a clear path leading up to your propane tank so that your tank is accessible to technicians at all times.
- Fill your tank before it gets cold: You definitely don’t want to find yourself with an empty propane tank in the middle of winter or worse, in the middle of a huge snowstorm. That is why you should make it a point to fuel up before any cold weather arrives.
- Schedule routine maintenance: It is always a good idea to schedule a maintenance appointment for your propane tank before the cold weather hits. After a maintenance appointment and (potentially) repairing any damage, you’ll know that your propane tank is ready to handle whatever the winter has in store and your mind can be at ease.
Let Symank Energy take care of your propane tank
If you are in Eastern Texas or certain parts of Oklahoma, you can count on Symank Energy for professional propane tank maintenance no matter what season it is. We can also provide propane tank repairs and installations.
The technicians at Symank Energy pride themselves on being able to fix propane tank issues safely and efficiently. In the event that we can’t fix your propane tank, we will work with you to find a replacement (this includes a free estimate!) and we’ll make sure your replacement is installed safely.
So if you are in the Eastern Texas area and need propane tank services contact Symank Energy today!